Saturday, May 1, 2010

Lilith Fair 2010

I just found out about Lilith Fair, happening this July. I'm suuuper excited because it's actually coming to my neighboring town! I don't even have to travel up to the nearest big city (not that I don't love visiting it). And that's not all! A Fine Frenzy is one of the artists playing at my venue! Aaaugh I cannot stop using exclamation points! It is just too exciting!!

Actually, when I went to the website and clicked on the "Artists" tab, I pretty much freaked out because almost all of my favorite female artists were there. (Lilith Fair is just for female singers/female-led bands). Here are the Lilith Fair bands and singers I know and love (or at least like):

Brandi Carlile
Cat Power
Chantal Kreviazuk
Colbie Caillat
Ingrid Michaelson
Kelly Clarkson
Martina McBride (Christmas music, anyone?)
Miranda Lambert
Norah Jones
Queen Latifah
Rihanna
Sara Bareilles
Sarah McLachlan
Selena Gomez
Sheryl Crow
Tegan and Sara
A Fine Frenzy
Anya Marina (who I saw as the opener for an Eric Hutchinson concert)
Butterfly Boucher (Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!)
Chairlift
Erin McCarley
Kate Nash
Ke$ha
Meaghan Smith
Missy Higgins
Zee Avi

OK, I lied, I also included some singers I didn't know well in that list. But still! How can you go wrong with a list like that?

Then I realized that different singers were performing at different venues. But the artists at my venue are not bad at all. I'm especially looking forward to Colbie Caillat and A Fine Frenzy. Squeee!!

And you know what the best part is? The ticket is only $34 after convenience charges, if I buy four tickets at a time. And I'm pretty sure we have four people going. Maybe even eight.

No comments:

Post a Comment