Sunday, April 11, 2010

Berkeley!

Yesterday I woke up at 6am to catch a 7:30 train to the Pre-Pharmacy Symposium at Berkeley, which was kind of enlightening but not as much as I'd hoped. I still don't get what pharmacists do, besides the guy behind the counter at Walgreens. Apparently they counsel patients about how their drugs could interact with each other or adjusting dosages or things like that. Stuff that my doctor does. I don't get it.

The symposium ended at 5, so I called up A and D for dinner and general socializing. I visited A at her dorm (which looks totally like in her pictures! wow I'm such a stalker), and then we went to D's room across the street. Both of them lived on a really tall floor, in a seven- or eight-story building (!). And then and then and then you know the pink Alena Skirt I was stalking? I had gone to Anthro on Thursday to get it, but there wasn't one in my size! (So I got a pair of black Hue tights. But I digress.) However, Berkeley has an Anthro, and we called them up, and they DO have a size 6 Alena skirt! We put a hold on it, and A and D are getting it for me today! Eeeee I'm so excited...I have such great friends :)

Afterward, we went to eat dinner at this little alleyway lined with restaurants. We each ordered a different type of dish, and then we tried each others'. I now know what GOOD he fun (chow fun?) with broccoli tastes like. It's actually kind of sweet. And then we went to Yogurtland, although it was cold and freezing outside. It's basically like L'Amour, but cheaper (30 cents per ounce rather than 47), and with mochi toppings. :9 When we went back to D's room, she showed me her MUA product-planning lists, which are even more OCD than mine. I was very impressed and am considering upping the OCD on my own lists >:)

When it came time to go home, I waited at the bus stop for a bit, but when the bus failed to show, I just walked to the BART station (and I think the bus arrived right after I left). I missed the outgoing BART by about a minute - I was on the ground level and I heard it leave below my feet. Thankfully, I had built some slack in my transportation schedule, because I didn't know that you could transfer directly across a platform instead of waiting 20 minutes for the transfer train to show. Turns out, it was probably good that I took the later BART, because I got to the Caltrain station at the right time. It was freezing and I had not brought a jacket (silly me). There was this very gregarious and slightly crazy guy on the platform, and he started talking to people out of boredom (the train was rather late), including me. He asked about the IHUM reader I was holding (btw - I finished all my IHUM reading on the trains!), and I was trying to make polite conversation while being slightly freaked out, cold, and a little sleepy. He turned out to be harmless (I think), just really bored.

When I got off the Caltrain, I realized that I had parked my bike on the far side of the tracks. Note to self: when parking your bike at a train station, go across the tracks to park it so that you don't have to cross back later to get it. It's less scary going to the other side of the tracks in the morning than it is late at night.

All in all, quite a fun day. Back-heavy, but still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment