Friday, October 22, 2010

Highlights of the Week

disclaimer: very food-heavy :9

Saturday: We (SB, KL, DH, MB, DO, and me) went to the Counter, and I got a beef, pineapple, cranberries, and lettuce burger. It was very good. Plus they have awesome fries. And then we went to Cold Stone while listening to Belle and Sebastian's new album, Write About Love.

Sunday: NS, my brother, and I went to the Tomales Bay Oyster Company near Point Reyes. It was a full-day adventure, driving for two hours up hwy 1 (note to self: don't ever let brother drive up hwy 1, unless you bring a barf bag). It was slightly freezing, but delicious and the first time I ever shuck or ate raw oysters (hellooo 101 in 1001!). Afterwards, we went to Verde for PMT, and then I ate dinner with my brother and his friends at his residence.

Monday to mid-Thursday were dark times. You know, the three P's - presentations, psets, papers. I don't like to think of those. Although I did learn from various coffee runs around campus that I can get Endangered Species chocolate for $1.

Thursday: Lunch at Sushi House with my AIM mentor. They have really great teriyaki chicken and seaweed, like at Ophelia's Cafe, and . Later, after this rhetoric presentation (T_T), I had a poster session and hung out with KH, IN, and WZ. Plus there was a project about pop-up books, and one with a virginal, which were beyond amazing. Went to WZ's that night to check Bio pset answers, and talked about life. Good times.

Friday: Lunch included grilled cheese, broccoli and carrots, and broccoli/sausage/alfredo pasta. Needless to say, I was a happy camper. I watched When Harry Met Sally that afternoon, which was exciting because a) it is a fantastic movie, b) I have the same phone as Marie, and c) it has a bobble bird in one of the scenes, whose mechanism we explained in a BioE pset, and I was one of the few to get that problem right because I didn't look on Google, which had a wrong explanation. (PWNED.) And later I'm going to Nordstrom Rack with WZ and SB for my shoe edification. And then tonight is my Breakfast at Tiffany's party. And by party, I mean movie+snacks.


October is always my favorite time of the year, not because of the season (although it is a nice balance of sunny and lightly rainy).It's because I get to be at school again, and although it's rather stressful, I'm not as burnt out as in spring, and I can still emerge from consecutive late nights generally without horrible angst. I still have energy to do fun stuff (see above) without worrying about what I'll do in the summer (although I should start thinking about that...). Also, since people haven't been at school for ages, the drama hasn't really started yet. Plus I can meet new people in the dorm without seeming weird, like I would later in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment