Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ennui

Ran 4 miles today (on the treadmill, as time goes faster when you can't see where you're going). Not a bad run, either. I only walked (4.0 mph) like four times after the first half mile, each for 0.1 mile or less. No achy breaky joints yet. Good sign.

Apart from that, I've been in kind of a blue funk lately. Before this weekend, I've been sleeping at like 10 or 11pm. I think I might do that today also. For the last 3 hours or so, after I finished my chem pset, I've just been sitting, aimlessly browsing the internet (the same sites over and over again), examining my iTunes library, and eating. I ate a whole sandwich bag of baby carrots, half a bottle of Life Water, a cup of ginger tea, and a few peppermint puffs (Red Bird Brand - so good!). Ok, I suppose that's not too much. But a bagful of carrots, that's a good amount. Plus I've been in a I'm-so-ugly and nothing-looks-good-on-me mood. I think I'm going to start a log of my moods; every day I'll record a number from 1 to 10. Then I'll be able to see if there's a pattern, like if it's monthly or something.

Speaking of clothes....I've gone and online-shopped again (how embarrassing). Due to the raging storm this past week, my roommate and a friend and I each got rain boots from Target, and we got free shipping because it was over $50. I got ones with citrus fruits on them. I don't know if they're too childish/crazy, especially with my not-too-refined wardrobe. But hey. They're rain boots, right? Rain boots are supposed to be crazy, right? At least a little crazy? Oh god what have I done...

And you know what else? Now I need skinny jeans to wear with them. Forever 21 apparently has $10 skinny jeans, hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment