Friday, January 15, 2010

NOTD - LH China Glaze Orange Marmalade, RH China Glaze Strawberry Fields

ChG Orange Marmalade. I <3 this color. Apparently OM and SF (below) and all the other polishes in the Summer Days collex are "glass-flecked." I don't know how people know. I just know that glass-flecked polishes are shimmery, "like crushed diamonds are in it." Huh.

ChG Strawberry Fields. I don't know if I like this color. It's pretty, but a tad too cool for me. But it has gold shimmer. I'm so confused. I think I'll keep it for now, pack rat that I am.

I'm impressed with the staying power of these. This is the second time in my life I've ever worn China Glaze, and I must say they are holding up very very well (this is the third day). Like Zoyas, which are my first love, but a little $$ without discount, they wear like iron on me (base coats: LH has Essie Fill the Gap!, RH has Barielle Nail Camouflage). I frickin played guitar with them and they didn't even chip, only a bit of tipwear. And I use my nails as a guitar pick, because I suck at using a real pick. These babies didn't even have topcoat. I thought topcoat was overrated, and I was half right. I don't seem to need it to prevent chipping (at least for these), but I was rushing to chem after I did my nails and dinged three of them. Yay for quick-dry topcoat...

And, please excuse the grody eczema-ed ring finger. The shininess comes from Neosporin. That's why I keep a blog, right, for posterity?

As you can see, I have not mastered the art of taking color-accurate photos. (I look like a white person! or dead! or, no, wait for it, like Edward Cullen! Just in the first pic, though. And not really, even.) Nor have I mastered the art of remembering to wash your hands and clean your nails before taking a picture of said nails. My apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment