Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! And New Decade!

My New Year's Resolutions:
1) Exercise more - preferably run four miles (1 hour - yeah, I'm slow) every day. Learn how to use a treadmill.
2) No more B's on my transcript. Two is enough. But, with PWR and IHUM, that could be tough...
3) Revise my resume, which I should be doing now. Get a nice summer internship or research job.
4) Use fewer parentheses. They are a lazy way to organize thoughts.
5) Cut down on my shopping, but shop more for things I will use for a long time.
6) Don't be glued to my computer. Socialize more.
7) Find a healthful shampoo/conditioner/moisturizer/etc. Sulfate-, paraben-, maybe silicone-free. Cut down on dangerous chemicals.
8) Drink more water. Eat healthier and don't get so excited about dessert.
9) Try to be more normal and less emo. Be more happy.
10) Don't take up another hobby/obsession, for chrissakes. Also, How I Met Your Mother is the last show I will accept onto my short-list of followed TV shows.

Loveleh. Now, onto my recent hauls...

This is the pair of jeans I was looking for in the mall, but I waited to buy it and both pairs of it in my size were sold out the next day! Granted, it was Boxing Day, but still. AE has had free shipping for the last three or more major holidays - New Years, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, and maybe even Labor Day (I forget). I was banking on this New Years free shipping offer, but it did not come with a percentage off my order total, like the last two holidays (25% off and 20% off). Anyways, here it is:
From ae.com - AE Slim Boot Jean in Deep Indigo ($30)

Then I needed to add something worth at least five cents to my order to qualify for my $10 off $30 spent money card, so I added the cheapest thing I could find: a pair of underwear.
From ae.com - Aerie Ultimate Tanga in Pale Pink ($4)

Ooh, lacy.

This is the order I'm waiting for in the mail. It should arrive tomorrow (eeee!)
From ae.com - AE Lurex Stripe Cardigan in Storm Cloud Heather ($30, but got it for $24)


I also recently got a new phone, because I needed to change cell phone providers. I really wanted the Samsung Flight...

...but it was not free. So, I got the Samsung Magnet:

Yay for free phones! I hope it's a good one.

And then just a few hours ago, I ordered flip-flops, which I've been needing for the last three or four months:
From oldnavy.com - Women's New Metallic Flip-Flops in Pearl ($5)

Hmm, Bronze and Silver look nice too. That's ok. Pearl is priddy. A nice change from my usual boring basic black flip-flops. Mmmm, they look delish. *happy squirm*

OK. I'm done shopping now. DONE, I say. DONE.

Oh, and one other thing. I cut my mom's hair today, on her request. It actually did not turn out *too* horrible, considering that she has short layered hair, and she wanted shorter layered hair. It was at least generally even, and I learned how to cut layers! You take a thinnish vertical swatch of hair and pull it away from the head at an angle, and then you cut the ends off evenly. The higher angle you pull the hair, the more the hair will be layered. I also learned how my mom's bangs were cut - they're triangular and blunt. I rather want to get bangs myself (probably side-swept), but I'm too scared that I don't have enough hairs, or that they will be flat and paste themselves to my forehead, or they will make my forehead itchy, or that they will look wonky.

No comments:

Post a Comment